Hello Unalayee Friend,
2012 is shaping up to be another exciting and productive year for Camp’s Board of Directors. To give you a flavor of what the board’s been up to, here are a few of our key recent accomplishments:
- Database Reboot: After many pain-staking hours which he so generously donated to Camp, Curtis Koppel completed the installation of camp’s new database system. Claudia Gludt, our hard-working office manager, was instrumental in helping to transfer thousands of entries to the new database.
- New Website: Where does he find the time?…. Curtis (aka Superman) and Ken Dawes created a new camp website. If you haven’t checked out our state-of-the-art website lately, I urge you to take a look… I think you’ll find it more user friendly than ever & full of new features.
- Redesigned Camper Orientation: Elizabeth Scherzer and the Program Committee came up with a brilliant idea to get campers more involved and feeling included upon their arrival at Camp. The first day of each session campers will now enjoy a shortened morning meeting and orientation in order to allow ample time to get the whole camp together to play fun games designed to ‘break the ice’. An all-camp group lunch will follow, which will provide additional time for relaxed bonding. Excellent work, Bubbie & Team!
Here’s to another AMAZING Trinity Alps Summer!!
Space is filling up quick for this summer’s camp programs! Enroll today while there are still spots left!
2012′s summer camp dates:
- Session 1: June 30th – July 8th
- July Family Days: July 9th – July 13th
- Session 2: July 15th – July 29th
- Session 3: August 1st – August 15th
- August Family Days: August 18th – August 23rd
Help us raise $1300 in order to purchase a battery powered AED (Automated External Defibrillator) and keep campers of every age safe at camp!
This easy to use piece of safety equipment could mean the difference between life and death if someone at Unalayee were ever to have a cardiac emergency. Don’t let us go another summer without one!
Whether you love our Biffys or not, it’s time to start thinking of Unalayee without them. This year we will begin the construction of our first Composting Toilet in the Unalayee basin!
These new composting toilets will use solar powered fans to break down human waste into easily managable remains. The first structure will go up on the hillside near central. If the project goes well, we hope to build two more around the Mosquito Lake basin.
As an added bonus, the fans keep the structure from getting smelly!
So when was that snowy picture from last newsletter’s photo contest taken? 1998. Brrrrr. Don’t think it’ll be like that this summer! Yay!
Let’s switch back to places… Which lake is this?
Reply to email@example.com with the correct answer and win a Camp Unalayee travel mug! Only the first correct answer wins! Good Luck!
Did this newsletter arrive in your e-mail inbox? If the answer is no, use the “Sign Up for the CampU Updates” box in the right hand column of this page to make sure you don’t miss the next one. Make sure to use the link in the follow up e-mail in order to complete your sign-up!